44 " LG DLP problem: component input from DVD player crops the image

Username: Monkenstick

Post Number: 1
Sony DVP-NS575P
LG 44' plasma: http://au.lge.com/prodmodeldetail.do?actType=search&page=1&modelCategoryId=01020 2&categoryId=010202&parentId=0102&modelCodeDisplay=RT-44SZ21RB&model=Select+a+mo del

so i just bought the sony dvd player to get progressive scan images on the LG DLP tv

I hooked up the DVD player to the tv with the component cables
when I switch the DVD player to progressive mode, the image is cropped on the right hand side of the screen (in every aspect ratio setting on the LG tv)

when I switched it back, it was fine at first, but after trying numerous times to get progressive scan to work - now when I switch it back to normal, there are a number of vertical black lines down the middle of the screen

is this a problem with the TV or the DVD player? would getting another DVD player enable me to use progressive mode perhaps?

the sony says it outputs 525p/625p, and the component input on the back of the tv says it accepts 480p/576p/720p/1080i

has anyone else had this problem with the LG tv?

Anonymous

hi monk en stick,
could you tell me more about your LG DLP tv?
i'm about to buy the 44" version.
cheers

Anonymous

Any comments on LG DLP TVs?

Unregistered guest
I have the LG 44 and a Denon 1910 DVD (component connect). I am using the DVI connect for a Dish Network HD receiver. No issues with Progressive scan mode. The LG is a great monitor, very bright and better pictures than just about any other display I looked at. Both SD and HD as well as DVD @480P look terrific. Very happy with the set.

Bronze Member
Username: Kid_red

Post Number: 31
Check the aspect ratio setting on the DVD player. And also make sure the DVD isn't zooming the image.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us