Why can I not do this, or can I?

Username: Kayak99

Post Number: 8
I want to record one tv show while watching another. My cable company is waiting on TV Guide before they will issue dual drive recorders so I asked them for their existing single drive PVR until the new ones are released. I want to split the cable (before the tuner), hook it up separate from the existing tuner, then to the TV with an S Video cable. (the sound will be channeled through an AVR)

Their present 'system' is to remove the present tuner then install the PVR but one can only have one station tuned at the same time.

The main reason I stick with the cable company is that the PVR is only $1 per month. If I bought a PVR or went TIVO the cost would be much greater.

Is there something incorrect about my idea?

Bronze Member
Username: Alm70

Post Number: 11
Hey mike,

I'm in the same boat. I don't have any answers yet, but read my post on "recording from digital cable"

Post Number: 9
First the cable company told me I could not do what I wanted to do. Next they called back and left a message I could definately do what I wanted, that their sales people were wrong.

Now the problem is that first they tell me $1 per month additional, next it was $8.95 additional, now its $11.95 more per month simply because they do not have the software to supply the dual drive PVR's.

Username: Nomad

Post Number: 1
If your tv has dual antenna input, why not split the feed, and switch to antenna "B", to watch tv.

Post Number: 10
I have five inputs but everything has to come through the digital cable box to the tv.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us