New jvc d-ila

Jason K.
Unregistered guest
Jonathan,
I was in Best Buy and noticed the new jvc hd-52z795. Since it was new the guys did not have much info on this. To me it was impressive. What is your take on this set?

Jason K.
Unregistered guest
Oops. I meant the 575 series. The guy said the 795 is all black coming out soon but I like the silver one. -JK

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 216
Jason:
I've seen the JVC HD52Z585 (don't know what the difference is) and I'm here to tell you this set is HOT! The best blacks of any fixed-pixel TV and super sharp. The deal? Their mark-on-floor is $3500 not including the stand. I predict these TVs will be in short supply, including the 61".

Hope you don't mind me buttin' in here. :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Bestbuyguy

Post Number: 15
I really like it, I havn't had a lot of "experience" with the set, but keep trying to educate myself on it more and more. I don't like the fact ath it doesn't have a DVI connection, but DOES have an HDMI. When components start coming out in full HDMI, it'll rock. Like JOHN said, it is a hot set, it is something i reccomend to everyone that walks into the room. The new guys at my store didn't know much about it either until i actually researched it. Everyone said it was a DLP with 3 chips. it made me kinda mad. ITS LCoS !!!! anyways, i really reccomend it. But it all comes down to the type of picture you like, if you prefer the toshiba DLP's picture over the JVC's, that's what you want. Not something that everyone SAYS is the best.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
I really like it, I havn't had a lot of "experience" with the set, but keep trying to educate myself on it more and more. I don't like the fact ath it doesn't have a DVI connection, but DOES have an HDMI. When components start coming out in full HDMI, it'll rock. Like JOHN said, it is a hot set, it is something i reccomend to everyone that walks into the room. The new guys at my store didn't know much about it either until i actually researched it. Everyone said it was a DLP with 3 chips. it made me kinda mad. ITS LCoS !!!! anyways, i really reccomend it. But it all comes down to the type of picture you like, if you prefer the toshiba DLP's picture over the JVC's, that's what you want. Not something that everyone SAYS is the best.

Jason K.
Unregistered guest
JOHN S. and Jonathan,
Thanks guys for your take on this set. Best Buy guy says they will be running a sale for $3200. Intel will have a LCOS set for less money but has only one chip and like you guys said the 3 chips are better. It seems that D-ILA and LCOS are the same technology. I had same experience that at the store someone said it was DLP. Thanks again. You guys are awesome. -JK

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
D-ILA is JVC's panteded "procedure" in how it creates the image, also, if i'm correct, JVC developed their own chips. so D-ILA uses LCoS technology.

Anonymous

hey all. came across your talk on lcos. seen this set and it is da bomb. can any give simple explanation on lcos? i know dlp uses small mirrors and lcd uses, well, lcd panels. no one at the stores can explain (and tweeter said he mad at toshiba for pre selling bunch of lcos sets year ago then toshiba didnt sell the sets so now tweeter willnt carry lcos)

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 223
For the straight story, see JVC's HD-ILA.

Timotay
Unregistered guest
Dila is a type of LCoS. LCoS is a reflective version of LCD where the light is reflected off the three chips (in JVC's set there is one chip for each color, RGB, so no spinning color wheel is needed so no rainbows like in DLP) whereas LCD is transmissive so the light must go through the LCD chip to pick up the color. LCD has the screendoor effect due to the wiring in the chip and an image that is not as bright or as high contrast as dila, or any reflective technology.

Best I could find on the differences in the JVC models is this: 575 is the basic set, 585 adds smart captions and smart sound (whatever those are) and the 595 adds the cable card slot, firewire connection, digital audio out and an Integrated A.T.S.C.Tuner.

Too bad for Tweeter, the JVC sets are selling out everywhere. They are much better then the Philips Cineos (single panel LCoS) sets and anything Toshiba can make, they had a 3 panel LCoS once, IMO. I think Toshiba has a steep learning curve since they really don't innovate and ends up having to cut corners to make it to market.

Silver Member
Username: Revan

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 130
if you are going to get equip at BB you may want
to check this site out. www.bestbuysux.org

Unregistered guest
For anybody who REALLY cares, D-ILA is a variant on LCoS technology that is actually a lot closer to DLP than to what Intel will (presumably) be releasing. D-ILA technology is reflective as is DLP. This enables it to be brighter and theoretically provide more contrast than transmissive LCD. D-ILA is theoretically capable of delivering upwards of 5000:1 contrast ratios at the chip.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us