Have anyone heard the pioneer htp-725dv system

Anonymous
hi,
has anyone listen to this system,the functionality of this setup is just what i want but i need to know how it sounds and performs,for this price i can see it having a flaw with the sound.i don't know it just sounds to good to be true

I'd like to know if anyone has this system as well. I talked to Crutchfield and they loved it, but sellers are always biased if they can get the sale. Found it @ CRAZY EDDIE's for $532.95. Man, that dude must be crazy. Any info or reviews would be greatly appreciated.

Santa's bringing 6.1 down the chimney this year.

Anonymous
Just ordered this system from www.shopsunshine.com, the cheapest way to go, especially when you figure in shipping charges. Will update as to how the sound is when I get the system.

Anonymous
I just got my Pioneer HTP-725DV. I absolutely love it. Even though i had to pay about $100 more than 500, but this pioneer is worth it.

This system rocks and music never sounded better, It took me about 2 hours to set it up last night, but when i watched few scene of LOTR, it felt as if i was watching this movie for the very first time. This model also support Dolby Dig EX, which is what LOTR has been recorded in.

I cannot even think of running this monster even at half of the max level, as i live in a partment, but with 600W of power + additional powered sub, it shakes the walls.

At present I am running this system with standard cables provided by Pioneer, haven't felt the need to change the cable, but will do so may be in a month or so.

Before settling on this unit, I read review about it on Cnet, Amazon, consumerreports and other such places. I even went to BB to see how the receiver VSD-D811S performs (and how 6.1 channel sounded).

Anonymous
I ordered my Pioneer HTP-725DV from Shopsunshine.com and it came to $620 including tax and shipping. Only problem is- I ordered it on 2/7/03 and it's still not here (2/19/03) So if you want a nice system for the cheapest price- just wait a month at shopsunshine and you might get it someday..

Guys I am thinking of either buying the pioneer 725 or the Onkyo THX500 speakers and a pioneer VSX-811 receiver. The problem is that I haven't seen a site that provides many reviews on the pioneer 725dv

I cannot find any reviews on that god damn system anywhere. Worst of all no store in connecticut sells it. I want to listen to it before i buy it.

Shop sunshine is ok. MAKE SURE they have the item in stock. I ordered the 725DV from them. By the way, it has been discontinued. They don't have it right now, and likely won't get any more. I am still waiting for the credit on my credit card. I don't care how cheap they are, they aren't worth the hassle.

Anonymous
Shopsunshine.com is dreadful. it took six weeks, over a dozen calls, a chargeback action by my credit card issuer and the threat of taking them to the NY consumer fraud authorities to get them to complete my order. Each time I needed them to take action, it took at least a week. They never, ever called me back or emailed me when they said they would. The even tried to ship me my items when they knew I would be away on vacation. I got nothing but evasions, lies and run-around from them. I will never buy from them again.

avdude
Thanks for the feedback Anonymous.

Shopsunshine has a great rating on resellerratings.com
and they offer "Full USA warranty" on the receiver I just bought elsewhere with a 6 mth warranty for only about $10 dollars less...

However, your experience makes me feel that I have hopefully made right choice (I had been thinking about cancelling my order and ordering from shopsunshine instead in order to get the full warranty), even though I will only get a 6 month warranty (in my experience things break after the warranty expires) instead of the 2 years(?) that shopsunshine offers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us