Can I connect Bose cubes to Kenwood receiver directly?

Anonymous
Hi friends,

I have the Kenwood receiver with 5-channel surround sound at 80Watts x 5chnl=400Watts. I was thinking of buying only the Bose cube speakers without their Acoustimass Sub. Do you think I can do it? Please suggest.

Jerry
The sub has crossovers in it to cut any bass going to the cubes. Without these crossovers, the cubes would blow in about a few seconds of listening to normal level music.

Unregistered guest
I would like to buy Bose cubes-can i connect them to my Mac?

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 328
yes you can, but why?

Username: Bose_boy

Post Number: 3
For speakers...How would you connect them Berny?

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 330
you would still need an external amp to drive the cubes, though...so it is not very cost effective. You can still get Bose computer speakers if that is what you like. You'd probably spend less.

cheers

Bronze Member
Username: Heff

Post Number: 98
I was able to connect BOSE self powered speakers directly to my denon CD player using the headphone jack and a stereo mini-headphone adapter. It worked great!

dunno about those cubes though. IMO, Anything that depends on customized BOSE equalization is going to sound whimpy w/o it.

Bronze Member
Username: Heff

Post Number: 99
Radhika,
Apple and BOSE teamed up in the late 80's and offered an Apple/BOSE speaker for the Macintosh. It wasn't a cube type, but it had fantastic sound way back then. I still have a pair stashed away somewhere, and maybe it will be a collector's item someday.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us