Clueless buyer looking for quality soundbar

Username: Merfe05

Post Number: 1
Sorry if this post is in the wrong place, but I am in need of some help.

When it comes to home theater systems, I have to admit that I am completely clueless and am hoping that some of you would have some input as I look to make a purchase.

I have a 52" SHARP Aquos HDTV, digital cable box, and an xbox 360 and really want to improve the sound quality overall with the best Soundbar/Subwoofer or HT combination I can get for $350.

I have looked at a variety of soundbars (Vizio VHT510 and VSB210WS in addition to a POLK) and am truly clueless as to what I want to look for. I don't necessarily need lots of speakers, just something that significantly improves the basic TV speakers and the less wires the better

Other than easy setup and great sound quality, I will be looking to connect my computer sound when connecting to the TV for video streaming etc.. Not sure if a Toslink will take care of all that or not, but ideally would have an easy connection.

Any and all input is appreciated! Recommendations on how to hook up all the devices (cord type) once I decide on a set would also be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 16219
I have never been a fan of soundbars, but if you are looking to save space and improve upon the sound of your existing TV, they would work.

The toslink will work for computer audio but not video (but you know this).

A better solution for computer streaming audio/video into your home theater would be AppleTV. Even if you have windows...all you need is iTunes and you can stream all your media content to your HT wirelessly.

Username: Valueplusretail

Post Number: 1
You can opt for a number of Home Theater available in the market.
LG or Sony are best in the market as they have better features and Immersive 3D Surround Sound System
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us