Help with new TV!!

Username: Blue1878

Post Number: 1
Recently upgraded my 32" samsung for a 42" LG but my 2.1 surround sound no longer works i am 99% sure i have it set up the exact same way and it wont work can anyone please help?

the setup i have and have had for few years with the 32" samsung is...........

accoustic solutions 2.1 system with the usual white & red audio cables in the back in the AUX slot, then in back of TV in the matching white & red audio slots (the only ones i can see on the tv)

if it helps my tv is LG 42LD450 42-inch

PLEASE HELP!!!

Silver Member
Username: Vm8444

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 288
do you have a cable box?

connect all video cables to tv

for cable box and dvd

then connect audio outputs from
cable box or if not say a vcr
and also connect dvd audio cables directly to 2.1 reciever for sound not audio out from tv I never do that for any install I do.

theaudioguy.ca

Post Number: 2
hi yes i do have a cable box but it is a HD set top box with HDMI connection therefore does not have any audio cables?

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 780
The first problem is that there are no red and white audio out puts on this TV, only inputs. That explains why you get no sound. There is an optical out put that may work for you if you have that input on the 2.1 set up. Vince suggested the cable box which is the best way to connect sound to the 2,1 set up. Because a cable box has HDMI that does not mean it does not have the other connection, it certainly does.

Post Number: 3
thankyou again, however just checked and my settop box is a virgin plus HD box and does not have any audio ports picture below

http://is.gumtree.com/image/extrabig/13698562.jpg
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us