Sony STR-DN1000 Home reciever muting

Username: Jay_b

Post Number: 1
So i just got my sony str-dn1000 reciever, got everything hooked up and everything is great, except when i use the volume either on the reciever itself or the remote, turning it up or down, it mutes and says muting on the display screen on the reciever, i press the mute button, either on the remote or reciever itself, and you can hear sound for a split second then mutes again, also does it when i switch between modes (sat, bluray, hdmi1, hdmi2,ect) Anyone else own this reciever? it there something i have to switch on or off? the only way it works is if i turn the whole reciever on/off. i turn it on and the reciever sounds fine, i adjust the vol, or switch modes, it automatically mutes and i cant figure it out! did i get a lemon or what?

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 752
I would first check all my speaker connections. If the problem persist it sound like a lemon. I will admit to a deep distaste for Sony Corp but why would anyone buy Sony audio. Return it and check out something from Onkyo, Pioneer or Denon.

http://www.usa.denon.com/ProductDetails/4858.asp

Username: Jay_b

Post Number: 2
Price. i guess you pay for what you get. i was looking at the onkyo tx-sr607, but it was alot more money, i will check the speaker connections

Username: Blindmelon83

Post Number: 1
Same Problem.
I'm posting this online merely to save people the time and frustration I went through. This "muting itself" problem - is actually a "feature". A feature no one wants. Press the "AMP MENU" button on your remote. Use the Up & Down Arrows. Choose "SET HDMI" - then "CTRL HDMI" - set it to "OFF". You're done. Not just this forum - but every other forum - people suggest that it's no good because it's Sony...I just hope my 20 second solution saves people from returning the item - because it's actually quite nice when it's all set up.

Silver Member
Username: Vm8444

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 271
nah as caseys says return item anyways your better off

http://www.dakmart.com/p11030/Denon-Avr-1909-7.1-Surround-Receiver-1-Year-Warran ty-Avr1909-/product_info.html

Username: Blindmelon83

Post Number: 2
Well there's nothing wrong with it...but whatever.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us