Can't get my Samsung home theatre package to work with my TV

Username: Noideawhatimdoin

Post Number: 1
Okay, seriously I have no idea how to set this stuff up, so please be patient with me. I really need help. I just purchased the Samsung Digital home theatre system Model # HT-TZ322. It works great when playing a DVD but not with my digital cable. This is just a home theatre system in a box. So It didn't come with a reciever only a DVD player. Is there a way to set this up to have surround sound when watching TV? OMG please help!! This is driving me Crazy.....

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 901
It appears as though an optical cable from your cable box to the HTiB (DIGITAL AUDIO IN - OPTICAL) is required. Buy the cable at monoprice.com or some other such place because "Best Buy" and Radio Shack quadruples the price!

Username: Jtull79

Post Number: 3
I am assuming that your speakers connect to speaker terminals on the back of the DVD and that you are connecting to your TV via a HDMI or RCA cables? If so, I am not sure you are going to be able to connect your digital cable to your current setup unless the DVD player has some sort of video in and input switching capabilites. Which i doubt it does. Probably the best thing for you to to is to buy a low end AVR (audio/video receiver) that you will connect your speakers to. You would then connect the outputs for you digital cable and dvd player to that receiver and run one monitor cable (either RCA or HDMI) to your TV. You could then switch between DVD and Digital Cable via your receiver and the sound from either would play on your surround system. Hope this helps. If I can be of any more assistance, please let me know. Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us