Aperion Audio Intimus 6T

Username: Bobbycd

Post Number: 3
Hi I have some questions about setting up a system using Aperion Audio Intimus 6T speakers for my mains. These are rated at 50-300 watt recommended power and 6ohms. My first question is to power these along with center and surrounds, which I will be purchasing in the near future, would I want two multichannel amps and bi amp the mains and surrounds? If so would I want 200 watts per channel for one amp and 100 watts for the second? Or would I want a multichannel and a 2 channel? Secondly I'm a newby still so I don't know how to figure out 6ohm ratings. I find specs for 8 and 4 ohm amps but not 6ohm so if someone could just educate me a little it would be so helpful.

Thanks in advance and I'm sorry for the painfully obvious lack of knowledge.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2547
­
Bob, the Intimus 6Ts are not set up to be bi-amped. These speakers will perform just fine with only one good quality amp. All you need is a good multichannel preamp/amp combination, or a multichannel receiver. The manufacturer's power recommendation is just to give a prospective buyer a general idea of what to run these speakers with. There's nothing keeping you from using an amp rated below 50 watts or an amp rated above 300 watts. This power range is simply what is recommended by Aperion for best performance with these speakers. Do not take these ratings literally. I'm sure that the power ratings for Aperion's center and surround speakers differ from these towers, but that doesn't mean you have to use different amps with different power for each.

For speaker impedance, read this:

Speaker Impedance and Ohms Explained
­

Username: Bobbycd

Post Number: 4
Thanks for the help and quick response!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us