Sony LCD Rear Projection KDF-60XS955

Silver Member
Username: Cclashh

Post Number: 410
A few months back the optics were replaced on my Sony LCD Rear Projection KDF-60XS955 TV to correct a problem with a blue line on the bottom of the screen and some other anomalies with color on the display. When that was fixed the horizontal position was then slightly off but did not notice it until after the tech had left.

Yesterday I had a tech come out because I was losing display and audio briefly and then it would come back on. He replaced the bulb to correct that. I decided to mention the fact that the horizontal position had been slightly off since the install of the optics to see if he knew of a way to adjust it. We took a look at the standard menu for any adjustments there and found none. He then went into the system menu by hitting the following buttons on the remote: display then 5 then volume down and then power (not the standard menu available to the consumer) to look for adjustments there and he did find a couple but they were ineffective in adjusting horizontal so we left it at that. I came home that evening and turned on the TV. It went immediately to one of the adjustment screens he was using in the system menu which consisted of a series of vertical and horizontal lines that seemed to be there for adjustment of display position and the TV made a loud constant tone. Tried unplugging and plugging back in and tried several times to turn off it and on and kept getting the adjustment screen and the loud constant tone. Finally I decided to try the remote with the remote buttons display then 5 then volume down and then power as the tech had used and did get the TV to operate. The problem is that once it is off for a while and I try to turn it back on I have the same problem with the adjustment screen coming up with the loud tone and have to repeat the remote buttons display then 5 then volume down and then power and did get the TV to operate.

Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Cclashh

Post Number: 411
The tech came back out this week and reset the system settings back to defaults and the problem ceased. For what its worth I would not advise trying to fix an issue of this nature by manipulating the System menu on your own. This control is very sensitive and there is a strong potential that if the incorrect key combinations are used that you will end up with much bigger problems than you already have. The system menu adjustments are really best left to a qualified technician. This is wise because it releases any liability you may acquire by making a mistake in judgment when trying to change the system menu. The system menu I am referring to is not the system menu available to the consumer. It is a menu that is reached using a preset series of buttons on the remote which in my case was display|5|Volume Up|Power...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us