LG HT303SU Setup problems!

Username: Kmass

Post Number: 1
Help!

I bought this new system that comes with a dvd player. Well I found it VERY difficult to set up on my Panasonic tv! I didn't have composite cables so I used RCA. Anyhow, I could get the video to work but NOT the audio. EVENTUALLY I found that I could get the audio to work if I change the input on the dvd recorder to "Aux". However, I can only get two of the speakers to work and play what is on the tv or radio or dvd. HOWEVER, I went into the setup and tested each speaker and they all worked! Only the front left and front right produce any sound. I have connected all the speakers to the dvd player and the dvd player straight to the back of the tv. The video is connected to the AV3 while the audio is connected to the two audio red and white spots under "Monitor". I want to be able to hear sound all over like I thought not just the front two speakers! Help!

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 812
At the moment your system is likely set to "stereo" and only the reft and right speakers are activated. You wish to chance the setting to "Dolby Digital surround" or some such thing to activate the rest of the speakers.

Bronze Member
Username: Rmammerschuber

NY USA

Post Number: 19
Hi Kyle. According to my brief research your system only has 1 input so assuming you have the red and white rca connections correct your sound is probably as it should be. The first thing people fail to understand is that a 5.1 home theater system can only produce 5.1 sound from 5.1 sources. Most all radio, CD, MP3 and TV signals are only transmitted / produced in 2 channell (stereo) audio. Given this limitation of the signal your LG can not produce sound that is not there... When you play a DVD with 5.1 surround sound you will need to make sure the DVD menu is set to play 5.1. The only way you will be able to get sound from all apeakers for 2 channell TV audio or music is if your LG has a "simulated surround" option.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us