I have a brand new Yamaha Dolby Pro Logic 5.1 surround amp, I connected all 5 speakers as per the instruction; I did the surround sounds test, it working fine, except when playing a DVD, it shows "Surrounds Stereo". What did I do wrong?

Username: Technychallenge

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 2
I have a brad new Yamaha Dolby Pro Logic 5.1 surround amp, I connected all 5 speakers as per the instruction; I did the surround sounds test, its working fine, but when I play a DVD, it shows "Surrounds Stereo". What did I do wrong?

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 687
Greetings Robert,

Lets look at this like what you haven't done yet You haven't done anything wrong.
I do not have the model number of your receiver but in general Yamaha calls the button you are looking for "audio select" which, once pressed ought to give you a lot of different choices other than stereo.

Let me know if you are successful!

J

Username: Technychallenge

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 3
Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reply and your confidence that I haven't done anything wrong. I don't have the unit handy, but looking at Bestbuy.com and the price I would guess that the receiver model that I have is RX-V463BL. I tried the "audio select" option and this is where I keep getting the message "Surround Stereo". Any thoughts?

Thanks again,

Robert

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 689
If pushing the button repeatedly (more than once) doesn't change the output mode then there must be some speaker settings that need to be told the speaker configuration.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us