Help, Help, Help

Username: Manatees

Mn

Post Number: 1
I need help in trying to understand whether I can use the speakers that are a part of my KLH DVD Home Theatre system to provide for surrond sound to my 62" Samsung TV. Someone at Best Buy told me I could use the "Aux In" red and white connections on the back of the DVD system to connect to the TV. Can I? Is there another way? How do I figure this out?

Thanks

Mn

Post Number: 2
I forgot to mention that I also have Direct TV which is connected to the TV with an HDMI cable.

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 571
By far the easiest way to solve your issue would be to leave the HDMI cable to the TV and take a separate audio out of the Directv receiver to the KLH HTiB. How you do that would depend on what sort of input is available on the KLH.

Mn

Post Number: 3
would the "aux in" on the klh work for this?

Silver Member

Post Number: 572
Yes certainly. Now the question becomes what type of connector(s) "aux. in" would be. That will determine what wire you need to connect to the matching connectors on your Directv receiver.

Mn

Post Number: 4
Thank you, Jim. I was able to connect the aux in with the Direct TV receiver with a red and white L/R cables and it works. I am wondering, though... My goal is to improve my audio on my large screen TV(especially for sporting events)

It appears that I now have 2 channel(L &R?)capability now, is this correct? Would I gain a lot by purchasing a low end receiver (such as the Sony STRDG720 7.1 Audio Video Receiver) and connect my current speakers (that are currently par t of the KLH system) to them or, in addition to the Sony receiver, purchase a speaker system and DVD player and get rid of my KLH?

Thanka again

Silver Member

Post Number: 576
Hey Bab,

If the KLH system settings are correct it should decode the 5.1 information using the connections you now have.

I don't think you would be doing yourself any great favors by buying anything low end (especially a Sony). I am not sure how your KLH system sounds but speakers are generally the weak link to any system and you get the most bang for your buck by replacing those. I do not have a model number of your KLH system to confirm this but another possible improvement is a good subwoofer.

Silver Member

Post Number: 577
Bab??? Did I say BAB??? My appologies BOB!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us