Help needed to built a home theater

Username: 47hitman

Ludhiana, Punjab India

Post Number: 1
Hey guys,
I want to convert my room of 15 x 20 ft into a solo purpose home theater. i decided to use a DLP projector with a home theater system. i am new to this field. so please help me to decide the product i should Buy.
My requirements from the DLP projector are:-
1. High Clarity & contrast.
2. Support for the high definition format videos.
3.A separate port viva which it can be connected to my laptop for playing videos directly form hard disk or even for my general use.
4.Prefferably remote control as i want to fix it viva a celling mounting.
5.Have an optical iris for zooming for better clarity.(if some one could help me with this differentiate b/w optical and digital iris I will appreciate it.)

& Also please help me for selecting a good home theater system. I thought for going in for boss lifestyle series but people said that if space is not a problem then i can get the same results in less cost.
My requirements are:-
1.High Clarity crystal clear sound.
2.Reasonably good output.
3.Surround 5.1 or higher.
4.Bass from the woofer should be good but it should not be at the cost of clarity of the dialogue.
5.Also suggest me a player preferably a CD changer(may be 5-6)which support DVD,VCD, mp3 & audio CDs.Also it has an aux audio input point(at least 1) which i can use to get sound from my laptop in case i am playing movie directly from my laptop hard disk And sound should be played in full surround mode.
6.Ocassionally if i go in for a little get together party with my friends in that room it should get party rocking.
7.Dynamic Range(difference b/w lowest & loudest Sound in a movie) should be good.

guys i am also thinking of sound proofing the room. so if some could help me with this i will appreciate it.

For this total project my budget is RS(3-4, at most 5)lakhs.(Considering i am spending near about 2lakhs or more on home theater of bose lifestyle series.)

I am from India,Punjab(Ludhiana) so preferably if someone can suggest me whose showroom r in North India side like( Delhi,Chandigarh, Ludhiana)And one Which provide a good after sale service.

Thanks a lot in anticipation.

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 519
Greetings,

I would suggest that the most important question being asked here is the last one. A good store can help you with all of the previous questions to the point of narrowing the questions down to something that could actually be answered in this forum.

If no one can recommend a store in Punjab I would suggest looking at the store locator's on web sites such as Onkyo, Denon, Marantz, and Yamaha. Perhaps one store will keep showing up on these lists and that would then be a great place to start.

I hope this helps you out a little bit.

Happy shopping!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us