HELP! 5.1 speaker placement

Username: Boomer327

Post Number: 1
hey guys, I'm buying a 5.1 surround sound system for my bed room and i need to know where the best spots to place the speakers are. The shape of my room is kinda awkward. i will be using the system for Xbox 360 and to watch blueray.

I have a CAD drawing of my room, if you could take a screen shot and place dots where the speakers would go and re post that would be great.

Also if you could give me some specs. I'm kinda new to surround sound, if you could recommend systems for my room that would be appreciated.

The Circles with numbers in them are the places id be sitting. 1 is for playing xbox (most important) and 2 is for watch blueray.

Here are the drawings

[IMG]http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/28/l_9b6afddf33284aa9a9da44eed529846a.jpg[/IMG]

iso
[IMG]http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/25/l_51102c996f0140799827ed60fda46369.jpg[IMG/]
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 536
Great diagrams tough layout for surround. Tv corner placement are always difficult especially for surrounds. Without tring to change the entire layout of your room you could put the surround speakers on either side of the windows over the bed. The fronts usually flank the TV and the center goes above or below it. In ceiling speaker layout would be optimum but I don'tm see it worth the hassle.

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 470
Please see if this helps you at all:

http://customconnectionsonline.com/faq4.html

Silver Member
Username: Cclashh

Post Number: 373
Here is my humble opinion. Front left and rights on either side of the tv where yellow dots are. Try to get the front left and rights the same distance from the tv and angle them toward the bed with the speaker mounts. Center below the TV where the yellow dot is below TV. Rear left and right on either side of the bed where the yellow dots are. Outside of that follow Jim's link for the finer details on placement. Height etc.. In my opinion using those locations are a perfectly viable option for getting the desired surround sound effect. Not so tough after all. I am fairly certain that will sound great. I would kind of do a setup that is not permanent first to make sure you are happy with it and then make adjustments until you reach your final decision and then make the setup permanent.

Upload

Username: Boomer327

Post Number: 2
Thanks anymore ideas?

Silver Member
Username: Cclashh

Post Number: 376
Sorry Chase but if the bed is the main listening position how else could you do it? Unless there is more space on either side of the TV than is apparent. Did you have something else in mind? You can put the sub anywhere you want but I would get as far from the bed and toward the TV. I would suggest a system with Audyssey setup. It automatically configures the speakers using a microphone.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us