Pink tone on tv

Username: Texasfuzzy

Wesminster, Md Usa

Post Number: 8
I am seeing a pink hue over entire picture when viewing directv - i have a pioneer elite ro6u media receiver
the hdmi cord from dvr to ro6u unit seems loose - changed cord - same result- anyone have any ideas why - do you think it could be the female on he back of the ro6u unit - hmdi to dvd works fine and tv looks great - any ideas how to proceed?

miranda

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 429
Hi Miranda,

First thing might be to make sure there isn't any lint of other crud in any of the HDMI ports.

If you change inputs on the TV (not likely by your description) to get from DVD to DVR then the next thing to check would be the TV settings but is sounds as though there is one output from the Pioneer to the TV so therefore no input change.

If the problem still persists the following would be one way to find what is likely causing it:

Try taking the HDMI out of the DVR straight to the TV (if possible) if the color tone is still there then the problem lies with the DVR.

If the color goes away try taking the DVR out to the DVD input (which is working fine with your DVD output) and check again. If the color is gone then you have isolated the problem to the Pioneer as you suspect.

Wesminster, Md Usa

Post Number: 9
hello jim,
good to hear from you - i will try this test to isolate the problem (fyi i had copied my hook up from tweeter (who initially hooked-up my system - they used the hdmi and analogue cables - i had problem until I unplugged the analogue and the system worked perfectly till this pink issue
will get back to you

Wesminster, Md Usa

Post Number: 10
jim,

i took a flashlight and examined the female end of the hdmi connection and noticed a prong bent - so i used a little screw driver to re-align the prong and re-connected the cable - the fit was much tighter that before - all appears well - thank you - as usual for your assistance and expertise
Have a wonderful weekend!
Miranda

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 446
I am happy to hear that your surgery worked there Doctor!!!!

Happy viewing!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us