AR AW-822 to yammy RX-v663

Username: Drod13

Post Number: 1
Hey guys, could use some help here. I have a yammy RX-V663 and recently purchased an outdoor wireless speaker from Acoustic Research (AW-822). Anyway, I want to set up this speaker for my patio as Zone B. The problem I'm running into is the speaker has a headphone jack and also comes with a rca plug adapter. But using RCA, I can only use to connect to the Zone 2, which works fine but I'm only able to listen to the tuner. I want the speaker to have project whatever input I'm currently on (speaker b), but the only way I have figured out to do this is connecting to the yammy via speaker wire. So my question is how do I get from headphone or RCA to speaker wire? I did purchase a output converter, which is normally used for auto audio installs. But a friend told me this would work. It is a box with two rca female connections on one side and then six wires (2 white, 2 black, and 2 brown) coming out of the other side. Now I figured the whites were positive, blacks negative, and browns were ground. So I hooked up the whites to the Zone B right and left positive and the blacks to the negatives. I left the browns alone. This set up did not work. Did I connect this incorrectly or am I using the wrong adapter? Please help

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 520
What devices besides rthe Tuner do you want in zone 2. If any of these devices are only hooked up with digital connection you will not get anything in zone 2 you must also us anolog (Red and White RCA cables) connection to send say DVD or cable box to zone 2. Digital connection do not feed zone 2. That other device your talking about I have never heard of.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us