No sound from surround sound when tv on.

Username: Cris_t

Lake city, Florida Usa

Post Number: 1
I just recently hooked up my surround sound and had digital cable installed in my home. Tv has digital audio connection, which i hooked up with digital audio coaxial. no sound comes from my system when in tv mode, only when playing dvds or cds. whats this systems problem and how do I resolve it??

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 372
What type (brand, model number) of surround sound system do you have? It is likely that you have to tell the system which input to use when in TV mode. With the system information I can let you know exactly how to do it.

Lake city, Florida Usa

Post Number: 3
it's a yamaha subwoofer and a 5 disc changer. model numbers on them are nxsw300-subwoofer...dvr-c300 disc changer

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 513
The digital audio conection are for the internal ATSC tuner which is used to capture over the air HD signals and will only out put audio from that tuner. You need to connect your cable box to the receiver to get sound for your TV.

Lake city, Florida Usa

Post Number: 4
any way to bypass the cablebox deal...my only cablebox is located at the other end of the house...How about the earphone jack on the tv? any ideas??

Silver Member
Username: Cclashh

Post Number: 347
Lots of them but you will need to give some more detail on your setup. List all components and their model numbers... anything you can think of. Don't forget the TV model number. Also need to know how everything is setup -what connections are you using for what. How are you getting digital cable on this TV if you are not using a cable box?

Lake city, Florida Usa

Post Number: 5
tv is sylvania model#6620ldt it has a dvd player in it. digital cable is from comcast, connected by a cable from which is connected to the tv. The tv is connected to the yamaha 5 disk changer, via digital audio co-ax cable. The yamaha subwoofer is connected to the 5 disk changer. The 4 speakers are connected to the subwoofer.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us