JVC Theater Volume issue, plz hlp.

Username: Armyballer

Post Number: 1
Ok, I've got a JVC TH-D50 system and it's giveing me fits. It was working fine in Germany but now when I hook it up it does this.

I can't adjust the volume at all. As soon as I turn the volume from 0 to 1 it is super loud. It can't be adjusted at all, it remains the same level weither it's at 1 or 50. I disconnected it form the TV and it still does the same thing when playing a CD. I've checked the manual and it mentions nothing on this is the trouble shooting guide. I've tr5ied a google search and find nothing.

I "think" it's a setting issue but I've tried and changed every setting I can think of when it was hooked up to the TV. I can't find any sort of "Factory default" setting nor is there any sort of "reset" button.

Any ideas?

Silver Member
Username: Cclashh

Post Number: 338
Does the FM Tuner do the same thing?

I have looked at you manual and I haven't found anything. My first impression is that the device is simply malfunctioning. The manual says nothing about any setting that would cause this. My receiver has a setting to cause the volume to go to a certain level based on what input I am using but I do not see anything like it for your receiver in the manual. I am trying to think about this logically and I really cannot think of any reason there would be a setting that would cause this because it would have no practical application and the effect carries the possiblity of damaging your speakers. If anything my guess would be that there would be a fail safe to prevent this from happening not a setting that would cause it. The only suggestion I would have had would be to make sure its not a problem with the source of input but it looks like you have already tried that.

How long ago did you purchase it?

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 363
Where are you trying to operate this receiver now? In the US with 110 volts by chance?

Silver Member

Post Number: 339
Good call Jim, I couldn't think of anything :-)

Post Number: 2
Yes, I changed this, it's not the voltage, I'm not that dumb.

Yes, it does the same thing reguardless of watching DVD, TV, CD or ipod.

Silver Member

Post Number: 340
I kinda figured that you would know that after I thought about it. I am going with what I said in my original post. Sorry, I am sure this is not what you wanted to hear. How long ago did you purchase it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 364
I certainly didn't mean to offend you Brian but generally the only chance of fixing a problem like this without sending it in for repair is with something simple like the voltage issue. If the obvious isn't covered first there is no chance of completing the repair. The obvious difference between when it was working and when it was not is the voltage. The other is that it was shipped and that would generally mean that the problem is internal and needs more help than we can provide here.

Silver Member

Post Number: 341
Jim,

I really do not think that you have offended anyone... I totally agree with you in that the question needed to be asked and was really the only hope that Brian had beyond having the unit repaired. It is a very intelligent and insightful observation and I still think asking it was a very good call!!

Post Number: 3
Jim,

Sorry if I came across the wrong way, I'm just frustrated. This move from Germany back to the states has alreayd cost me about $5,000 in stolen items already so this takes the cake.

Silver Member

Post Number: 342
Brian,

How long ago did you purchase it??

Post Number: 4
Can't recall exackly, I think it was sometime in Feb/Mar 08 timeframe.

Silver Member

Post Number: 365
Next thing to try:

https://support.jvc.com/consumer/support/support.jsp?pageID=5

Silver Member

Post Number: 343
Brian,

If it has not been a year since the time you purchased the device then it is still under warranty. Do you have the receipt? Go to the JVC web site and locate a service center and that should be fixed free of charge! I am almost 100% positive that the device is just broken and needs to be fixed. There ya go -Problem Solved!

Silver Member

Post Number: 344
Update to previous post.. Do not be forthcoming about the fact that this looks like it was accidental damage while being shipped. Just say it just started doing it one day..... :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us