Question about HDMI and recievers...

Username: Spyyked

Post Number: 1
well why is it that so many audio recievers have component audio in and thats it, then turn around and have HDMI output? shouldnt it be HDMI in and thats it? maybe component output or svideo or dvi or something?

i want to set up ps3 to HDtv and audio receiver. ps3 has HDMI connection, but that can only go to one, so i assume plug that into tv and optical to receiver. is there a better way to do it?

i gotta admit, im kinda new to newer highdef things like this

Bronze Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia Detroit area, Michigan USA

Post Number: 33
you can run HDMI out of your PS3 into your receiver then another out of the receiver to the TV.

Username: Spyyked

Post Number: 3
i havent seen any receivers with HDMI in and out, they all just have out. maybe i havent been looking at good enough recievers, i will keep shopping around

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2132
­
jason, there are receivers and then there are receivers. This is what a real audio/video receiver (AVR) looks like:
­
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t171/JohnS45/onk605.jpg

Notice the two in/one out HDMI connections.
­

Username: Mel_melvin

Gonzales, La. USA

Post Number: 1
"THE PROBLEM":

How do I hook up "HDMI" from my new SAMSUNG 530 TV SET to my Yamaha HTR-5850 RECEIVER? (Is there a Plan: B? Adaptor?) (Note): I currently have the HDMi CABLE plugged in to my SAMSUNG & I DO NOT SEE A JACK ON THE COMPONENT PANELS ON MY YAMAHA HTR-5850 Thank You. Mel Melvin.
}}}

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2409
­
Mel, your Yamaha receiver does not support HDMI, so forget about running an HDMI cable into or out of it. You can use HDMI for any video source you may have that does support HDMI directly into the TV.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us