Onkyo HT-ST800 vs Onkyo HT-S907 vs Onkyo HT-SP908 vs Onkyo HT-S990 THX

Username: Deoveer

Post Number: 1
Hi all,

I am in the process of creating a home theatre using a projector. I am deciding on my sound system. Between these four system I have mentioned, I am bit confused for which one to go for. It seems that HTSR800 is almost equal to HT-SP908, except that 908 upconvert the signal and it has DVD player. However the cost difference is about $300. It seems to me that speakers are almost the same quality. Reviews for both are very good. While 990THX and 907 has good reviews it seems to me that both products have some negative points which are compensated by 908. As you can see by now that I am confused.
What would be a recomendation of an expert? Any constructive thoughts about these products? After review of other products I have concluded that Onkyo has the best HTIB products, so I am not looking for any other brand.
Please share your thoughts and experiance with these products.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14289
"I have concluded that Onkyo has the best HTIB products"

If you already made you own conclusions, then pick one and run with it, don't waste time asking for "expert" advise. What if an "expert" advised you to go with another brand?

My experience with Onkyo is that they are hardly the best out there. The speakers are hardly detailed and sound muddy and muffled most of the time.

And if your mind is already made up with the Onkyo product, you may want to look at the features that are important to you, and decide from there.

Listen to them if you get the chance, that should make your decision easier.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us