Need help to set up---going CRAZY!

Username: Warpete

Downingtown, PA United States

Post Number: 1
I hope maybe someone can help! My Fiance'e wants to record from the Mitsubishi LT3780 LCD TV(which I bought her) to a Toshiba RD-XS55 250GB DVR (which I bought her). Both units individually need a Tech genius to program let alone get them to work together. My problem: I have an attic antenna to pull in local HD channels, and regular basic cable for the non-over the air channels. She wants to be able to record HD from the attic--or--(non-HD)regular cable shows. This may sound simple, but we have not been able to do this for over six months. The TV has a separate Media Center box with two HDMI inputs, and two inputs for coaxial signals ( Channel 1 & 2). The Toshibe DVR has only one coaxial input and one HDMI output. Both TV and DVR also have component cable connections. My Fiance'e is handicapped and I would like to set this up so that she can switch from either the over the air to cable from her remote control (while she is in bed) and be able to record. I realize that this is not an easy question, and not knowing the The TV and DVR specifics makes it even more challenging, but any help will be GREATLY appreciated! I would even pay someone locally to be of assistance. (Downingtown, PA)

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3595
You can't record HD or digital channels with the XS55. You can connect the cable to the recorder and record cable channels. You can record analog locals with the antenna. To record from both you'll need an A/B switch so you can switch back and forth. There are some switchers that will operate with a remote.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us