New HT decisions regarding projector, screen, and audio

Username: Grabes

Plymouth, Mn Usa

Post Number: 1
Video question: I am trying to make a decision on a 1080 projector. The HT will be a designated room with little to no light (i.e. one window to contend with). The deminsions are 14'x18'x8' (WxLxH). The projector will be going in the 18' direction. The projectors I am considering are the Epson Home Cinema 1080; Epson Pro Cinema; Panasonic PT-AE1000U; Mitsubishi HC5000; Optima HD81; Sony VPL-VW50; and JVC RS1. The JVC is a bit more than what I want to pay, but if the feedback leans that way I'd be interested in a second choice. What projector best fits my space for watching all source types (SD, HDTV, HDDVD)?

Audio question: For $3,000 is there a better option than the Outlaw 990/7700 combo for this new system I am putting together (speakers will come later).

Screen question: For my low light 14'x18' room which I plan to paint in dark colors, would the white StudioTek 130 or Firehawk make more since for a 100" or 106" diagonal screen? What about the Draper Onyx? Will the projector choice come into play here?

All opinions and comments are greatly appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us