HtT for a small room

Username: Shallender

Pune, Maharashtra India

Post Number: 1
Hi Guys,

I need some advice here. I want to build an HT either using different makes for receiver/speaker/DVD player or single Unit. My problem is that I have a small entertainment room. The room size is 11 X 12 ft.

This is what I am planning.

1. Sharp Aquos 37" LCD
2. Onkyo SR-604 ( this is the lowest price model which has HDMI I think and good reviews)
3. Bose AM5 or Am10 speakers
4. Sony DVP-NS76H DVD player

I am in India and all the above components are available here but on a higer price as compared to US.

Please let me know if this is right combination for such a small room or I am buiding a system which may not sound good bcoz of small room size.

thanks in advance

Silver Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 267
I would suggest different speakers and DVD player.

Here is a link to help you pick a DVD player.

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/cgi-bin/shootout.cgi?function=search&articles=all

Bose speakers are very expensive for what you get so most of us here would recommend just about any other name brand. Paradigm, Klipsch, JBL, Infinity, and others. I am trying to keep in mind speaker companies that I can think of off the top of my head that have a global presence.

If you could name several speaker manufacturers you have access to, I am sure we can help.

Username: Shallender

Pune, Maharashtra India

Post Number: 2
Thanks Westcott for your reply and advice.

I can get Infinity,Polk Audio, JBL, Paradigm here in India or can get it from Singapore. I am not sure about Klipsch.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us