Dvd/vcr and htib problems

Username: Kristaj

Post Number: 2
ok, here goes. It all started about 5 months ago.

We had purchased a go-video combo dvd/vhs reader player, years ago at Costco. We have had it for over 4 years and it worked fine.

All of a sudden all movie dvds started freezing. not just the type of freezing, where it looks all digital and then jumps, but freezing, locking up, the entire machine, and sometimes can't even get out of the movie. We would have to turn off the unit to get out of the movie.

we tried another dvd player only (that works in another room), same thing. It was any number of dvd disks....some old, some brand new...from blockbuster. we even tried a different tv hooked up. same thing.

We finally decided the dvd/vcr player was old and replaced it with Philips MCD 708. Yes its inexpensive, but we liked the look and it sounds pretty good! It also allowed us to get rid of my very old jvc amp, radio, cd player units....

We have had this system since January...bought it at costco. then all of a sudden the same thing started happening with the movie dvds. some won't even load, some will load, then freeze after 15 minutes, some load but won't play.

We swapped out connections, tried a different(couple of years old)tv, tried a different dvd player...same thing.

Luckily because we bought it at costco we were able to take the Philips mcd708 back.

I don't have alot to spend, but just want a basic movie, radio combo to watch movies (we watch alot of movies every night). so....

I am afraid to purchase anything else because I don't know what is causing this problem with the dvd disks.......this is getting really frustrating.

any ideas? the wiring in the house has not changed and we even tried different connector cables.

tia
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us