Question about speakers amp and cables

Username: Scamp_89

Twin falls, Idaho Usa

Post Number: 1
Hi all great forum ive learn some from the forum but don't know if i am more confused or less. hope i'm in the right thread.

recently purchased a hdtv sharp lcd and a onkyo tx sr674 (may have been a mistake). would like upgrade the audio after reading this forum ive decided on paradigm speakers studio 20 or 40 v.3
center speaker cc 470 v.3 or 570 v.3 (undecided) surrounds adp 470 v.3 sub woofer seismic series not sure if i should go with the 10 or 12.

I live in a small town so auditioning the speakers are out of the question. But after many hours of reading reviews and forums leaning towards the paradigms.

family room is 15x17x9 what would be the right sub woofer mains and center speaker.

ive read a lot about under powering the speakers so should i get a new av receiver, amp any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

thanks
steve

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12329
Why don't you get the speakers first? See if you like them and check if you feel that the receiver is under powering your speakers. If you do not like what you hear, then think about upgrading.

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., 4000 isnt ev... 100,000dB FU...

Post Number: 644
I have a Paradigm Seismic 10 and it fills our very open house very well(the family room is large as well). I think it'd be enough or more for a room that's that size. But since you said you've read this forum I would think you would know that.

It depends on if you want more extension for that much more money with the 12 + that much more volume capability so you can annoy your neighbors a lot more although my neighbors once said they were hearing thunder but didn't see rain. I didn't say anything.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us