Please help with onkyo HTS 760

Username: Rajhts

Post Number: 1
Please help me with a problem . I bought a brand n new onkyo HTS 760 on thanks giving but did not have time to open it until yesterday. While trying to connect an optical cable from my DVD TO the Home theater AV receiver the protective latch for the optical cable slotin the AV reciever was broken.I removed it and plugged the cable in but the sound is very broken and its not as good as sound from the other optical cable input(my cable tv).Is there any way to fix this ?Can you give me any advise?I appreciate any advise.Thanks and happy holidays

Bronze Member
Username: Mmastin

Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post Number: 24
Just use the digital cable connector. Sounds just as good. Trust me, you won't be able to hear the difference by your ear...Not saying there is not a difference...but doubt there is one to the human ear. Also, would not spend alot of money on the type of cable. I even doubt you can hear the difference between the standard red/white cables and Optical cable, let alone between the expensive Monster cables and the cheaper but just as effective cables you can buy at Walmart for a fraction of the cost. If you doubt me, check what type if wiring they use at Circuit City or Best Buy on their display units. You will be surprised....Shoot, they even use the skinny wires for their speakers...ya, the cheap stuff that comes with systems.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1318
­
Raj, as Mark suggests you could use the coax alternative---that is provided both the DVD player and the receiver have coaxial digital audio ports.

However, I must say that a broken latch should not affect performance on the optical input. That is unless the optical cord is not seated properly in the receiver due to the broken latch.
What do you mean by "the sound is very broken?"
­

Bronze Member
Username: Mmastin

Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post Number: 26
I think the broken sound may just be that you do not have a solid connection. YOu have to make sure those optical connectors are plugged in good. They come out fairly easy compared to other connectors.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us