Center Speaker Hook Up Directly to TV

Username: Alangooding

Post Number: 1
I just purchased a 51" DLP TV that has a plug in the back of it for a center speaker in conjuction with a surround sound system. I have a Sony Compact AV System DAV-C450 that I use for surround sound. The speaker wire connection at the speaker is just 2 bare wires. I thought all I would have to do is buy an RCA plug that has bare wire ends, splice the pos and neg wires of the center speaker to the RCA plug bare wires and plug it in to the center speaker in plug of the TV. When I do, the audio system shuts down to protect mode. Is there an adapter out there that can allow me to use the center speaker plug of the TV?

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1121
Alan, you are trying to feed a high-level amplifier output into the low-level line input on the TV. I'm surprised the TV didn't shut down as well. You cannot do what you want to do without a low level RCA-jack line output for the center channel signal on the back of your compact system. This type of output is found on dedicated audio/video surround receivers, but they are not usually found on compact systems such as yours.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us