Denon AVR-2807

Bronze Member
Username: 1lakerfan

Post Number: 25
I thinking about buying this reciever and would like to know the pros and cons of this reciever and on a scale of one to ten what would you give it?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
Is watts make a big difference in a reciever? Thia reciever is only 770 watts and wanted to know if its worth paying a around a grand for it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
anyone?

Bronze Member
Username: Mikemv1977

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 41
With Denon receivers, you get what you pay more and more. Most Denon's are rated to 770 watts, meaning you get 110watts a channel, but at a higher ohm setting. When you begin to go into a lower ohm setting, the power rating actually increases. I own a Denon 3803 which is rated to 110 x 7 channel at 8ohm. But the system can drive itself to 150watts x 7 at a rated 6ohm power rating. So if your looking at buying a Denon, you are getting what you pay for and then some.

Its funny though how the lower end models now have almost as many features as what I paid with my system now days. But whatever your choice may be, you wont be disappointed. Good Luck.

Username: Slykwilli

Post Number: 1
I bought this same reciever and should have it today. Anyhow, if you are looking for the best price I got mine here https://bajangles.com/viewitem.php?IndexID=17352

pretty good price, good price on shipping, and fast shipping.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Does this website sell a extended warranty?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 9012
You reaslly should contact them yourself and find out. Do some of your own research, man!

Gold Member

Post Number: 9013
You really should contact them yourself and find out. Do some of your own research, man!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
I just like to know what other people think about the reciver because I dont want to buy something that cost alot and get ripped off because it's not worth that much

Gold Member

Post Number: 9048
You want people's input about the receiver? I thought you were wondering about an extended warranty!

Username: Mugen30

LimaPeru

Post Number: 3
I wouldn't like you guys feel as I'm pushing in but I'd like to know something from here another 3rd world country

the best choices to update my receiver are either to stick up to my old
Kenwood KRF-X9060D http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/receiver/kenwood-krf-x9060d/ or to go for Denon AVR-1906: 7.1 CH Home Theater A/V Receiver http://usa.denon.com/ProductDetails/545.asp.

Which would ya choose guys?

Gold Member

Post Number: 9085
What is wrong with your current Kenwood?

LimaPeru

Post Number: 4
Some mp3 song don't feel just right in sound. I mean there is sound coming out front the surround speakers but it looks like a "strong" - and sometimes more loud than musical- whisper. I am being told that the denon makes the surrond speakers clearer and crisp or brilliant, also I kind of feel disatisfied with the sound of regular music cds. I guess there might be some problem with the setting but I guess a change could be the answer...is the denon going to satisfy this new requierement? or boths receiver can compare in audio quality?

Gold Member

Post Number: 9113
Sorry Jorge, but mp3s will not sound right and no advances receiver is going to make it better. That format is compressed and no amount of amplification is going to make sound right. If you feed a receiver garbage, all it will give you is louder garbage.

LimaPeru

Post Number: 5
I thought so ,too. Nevertheless, the denon I talked about is apparently the so-called "philosopher's stone" that turns garbage into sweets for the ears. And it is known in various music an electronics forums as the machine capable of doing that. What I'd like to know from you guys is whether or not there are characteristics between these not so expensive receivers that would make you choose one over the other. That's about it.
thnx

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 247
Nothing turns garbage into sweets, garbage in garbage out. I like the Denon for its sound and the convience of being able to select the correct digital input for the outputs on your source devises instead of pre determined connections where you might only have optical inputs for your cable box but only coaxil digital outs on your cable box.

LimaPeru

Post Number: 6
you mean having both caxial and optical connection that you can adjust to as if they are from a cable box with only coaxial output? mmm is that the only difference? and the sound, how is it compared to that of the model of kenwood I proposed?
thnx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us