Panasonic SC-HT940 Home Theater System

Username: 1lakerfan

Post Number: 8
I have two questions Is this a good surround sound? and my secound question is that I was looking at the wireless speaker kit for this surround sound and it cost 149.99. Is it worth getting the wireless speaker kit considering that it's a 5.1 surround sound and only two of the speaker will be wireless because it's for the rear speakers.

Silver Member
Username: Usa2k4

Post Number: 149
The HT940 is a decent hi powered HTIB system with Dolby ProLogic II and several soundfields in addition to the standard DD and DTS decoders. However, the subwoofer is crossed over @ 120Hz, which is a bit high to me. A 100Hz or lower cutoff point is more desirable. To many people, it's OK, though :-). I like the 5-disc changer, which can also play DVD-A as well. It also has HDMI ports, which is a plus. I hope it's version 1.2 or later.

If you can run wires for the surround speakers, do not bother with the optional wireless kit that would cost at least $100 street price. First, the device operates on 2.4MHz so it would have limited frequency response range. Secondly, other 2.4MHz devices such as wireless phones, PC routers, access points, mice, keyboards, etc. may cause interferences.

Username: Ricardolevy

Post Number: 1
Do you know how can I turn a SA HT-940 into a multi-region DVD player?

Username: Umi

Post Number: 2
i am also thinking of buying the SC-HT940. Any pros-cons; expert comments? whether or not to buy the wireless kit is also a question. Do you need to buy better cables (other than what is supplied) to get a better sound quality?

Username: Vvenzon

Post Number: 1
where can i find a replacement remote control for this system? please email me vvenzon@hawaii.edu
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us