I need help with set up please

Username: Tandg2

Post Number: 1
Ok so I got a new plasma and a dvd surround system. I would like to know how I can hook it all up with a dvr and make it all work together. I got the surround to work with the tv but only for the dvd. Is it possible to make it work with both the dvr and the tv. If anyone answers please be desricptive as I don't know much about this stuff. I have lots of rca (guess that it what they are called) jacks. Only 2 sets on the dvr though. Please someone help.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 125
What brand or type of DVR are you talking about, whats the DVD system, what TV. Do you have a cable box.

Post Number: 2
The dvr is a motorola broadband media center or MOXI box as the cable company calls it. TV is a philips 42inch plasma it has AV1 AV2 and AV3. Surround/DVD is Panasonic SC-HT730. The dvr is my cable box.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 127
Some day i'll figure out why people that buy plasma tv also buy HTIB pieces of @#$%. But on to your problem,you only have two audio inputs on the panasonic surround so your only choice is to send left and right audio (WHITE AND RED,RED BEING RIGHT) FROM YOUR MOTERILA BOX TO THE PANASONIC AUDIO INPUT. You will have to look at the panasonic to see how these inputs are labeled so you can then select that input on the front or remote control. Send any video out puts directly to plasma. Happy Listening.

Post Number: 3
Thanks so much I got it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us