Hi-Def dvd sound format?

Username: Empowered_75

Everett, WA USA

Post Number: 4
Anyone know of what the new sound format will be for the new Hi Def discs coming out this year?

Everett, WA USA

Post Number: 5
i read in a sound vision mag last year that it'll be DTS-HD. but then they'd have to come up with new recievers implementing that new format which would suck for all of us with a receiver already. unless you have a 4000 machine that can be upgraded.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7120
The upgrades never end do they?

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 818
DTS will also be a standard soundtrack of the new HD disc formats, and your existing dts AV receiver will decode the dts soundtrack, likely running at higher data rates, which should mean better sound than you hear now from dts. Like Dolby's TrueHD, dts will also have its own lossless format, called dts HD, and as with Dolby TrueHD, you'd need to have an HD player with a built-in dts-HD decoder to benefit from dts HD's lossless capabilities. If your current A/V receiver has an 8-channel analog input set, then you'd be able to enjoy the improved audio capabilities of DVD-HD and Blu-ray players by connecting the eight analog audio outputs from the HD player to your set of analog inputs on the AV receiver.

http://www.axiomaudio.com/CES_2006.html

Everett, WA USA

Post Number: 6
so from what that article mentions, 13.1 max for speakers config. wicked i must say, but who would use so much for a setup unless you have a huge room for it. hey how about a speaker or two above you head on the ceiling:-) My receiver has multi-channel input on the back with surround back, subwoofer, front, center surround and center analog inputs. i think i should be fine for the new dts format.

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 819
13.1 surround is overkill for even the largest home theater rooms, but it does partly illustrate the mind boggling capacity of the blue ray formats. As for me, I'll be happy with HD playback PQ while sticking with my little 5.1 setup.

Bronze Member
Username: Irisfailsafe

BogotaColombia

Post Number: 18
tHte haven't decided on the standard audio setup. It will recognize DD and DTS 5.5 but no word on wether they will supprot 6.1 7.1 DDEX DTSNEO as standar reference formats...

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us