How can I do this


New member
Username: Nickg333

Post Number: 1
Registered: Feb-06
I am going to design/purchase and set up a new sound system for my parents house. I consider myself savy when it comes to car audio, but have not dealt much with home audio. What I want to do is have a game room for movies/sporting events for a place to hang out, and have speakers placed throuhout the house for entertainment purposes and just to play music throughout the house. could i do both from just one receiver? what am i looking at? if i could keep everything up in the game room, is there any way to control the volume from another room, across the house? there are a lot of questions in this thread but i need to start somewhere. I want a mid level system, don't want to spend a ton of money but still want to have a solid system. Thanks for any help

Bronze Member
Username: Mccambley


Post Number: 72
Registered: Jun-05
It can be done with one receiver and a speaker switch box.The only draw back is that you can not play all the speakers a one time. You can install volume control switches along the speaker wire route. Rough figure min. $200 for one pair of speakers and $100 for volume control per room. You will need a decent reciever min. $500, I like Denon.A speaker switch box is anther $100.

Top Deals

Loading, please wait...
« Previous Thread | Next Thread »



Main Forums

Today's Posts

Top Deals

Forum Help

Follow Us