Insignia AV receiver, TV, VCR/DVD, and boom box connection help

sad judi
Unregistered guest
I would like to be able to hear the sound from my TV and VCR/DVD combo player to come out of the speakers on my boom box. The boom box has an FM/AM radio cassette player and 2 CD-line in jacks (red and white) plus a headphone jack. The TV and VCR/DVD has both S-Video and component jacks. The receiver is an Insignia IS-HC040918 A/V. I can't seem to figure it out at all. Also, if connected correctly, could I use the volume for the receiver to manipulate sound rather than the volume on the boom box?

drewboy
Unregistered guest
What you are going to have to do is to have any audio line out go towards the boom box. If the reciever has a "variable line out", then you can control the volume with your boom box. Otherwise you'll probably have to use a VCR-OUT jack, which isn't variable. In that case you'll have to adjust the volume from the boom box. The only drawback about the variable approach, is that you would probably want to keep the volume knob turned up fairly high on your boombox, which could result in noise. I don't know anything about your reciever, but why not pick up a cheap pair of speakers to hook up to it? It'd be better than a boombox, I'm sure. But, at a minimum, you can use your reciever to switch the audio.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us