Help! Cannot get my setup to work correctly

Username: Pxwils3

Post Number: 1
Frustrated and cannot get my Tivo to sync with my HD channels, any help with how I should set this up would be greatly appreciated. My equipment = Tivo series 2 box, Toshiba 34HFX83 HDTV, Philips DVP642 DVD player, Philips FR968 receiver, Panasonic PV-8451 VCR, and a Charter communications Motorola DCT6200 High Def cable box. My TV has inputs for DVI, component, composite and S-Video, my receiver does not handle composite connections, so I guess the S-Video and optical connections would be best, the dvd player has component, optical and S-Video connections. The VCR only has composite connections, but is only used for transferring recorded content from my Tivo. I know my Tivo does not have component connections, so what would be the best way to set this up so that I can use all the Tivo functions for all cable channels? (incl. HD channels, which I know will not record in HD quality) I also have a splitter on the cbl from the wall outlet. Help me please!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Jay_l

Quad Cities, Il

Post Number: 12
This is on the Tivo website. Sounds like a no.

A TiVo Digital Video Recorder (DVR) is designed to support standard definition television broadcasts. It will not support High Definition broadcasts. It is possible to connect your DVR to a High Definition television, and to some High Definition cable boxes or satellite receivers. However, the DVR will only record programs from standard definition channels, and all recordings will be displayed in standard definition. For more information on support for HDTV, please see When Will TiVo Support HDTV?

In January 2005, TiVo announced plans to create a High-Definition (HDTV) Digital Cable Ready DVR. This DVR will support the CableCARD standard. This box is expected to be released in 2006. More details can be found in the press release section of the TiVo website.

Bronze Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 66
Run component cable from from cable box, and DVD to TV,with audio. Run S-video and audio from cable box to TIVO and S-video and audio out of TIVO to TV,also from TIVO run composite video and audio from TIVO to VCR in, out to TV. Run coaxil or optical wires from the cable box and the DVD to the reciever. You should have enough connection to do this.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us