Audio conversion question

Username: Baracka

Post Number: 1
I recently purchased a home theatre system and am having trouble getting the tv connected to it.
I can use it for cd, stereo, and dvd but not television.

The problem is that I had not noticed that my TV has not audio outputs. I am wondering if there is a device that can go between the cable box and the tv that will allow the coax to go into this device and then have rca outputs to go to the home enertainment system?

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 729
Don't you have audio outputs in the cable box?

Post Number: 2
no i dont. it is one of the crappy surewest cable devices that has a cat5 cable coming in and a standard coax thats meant to go to the tv.
i was wondering if there was a device that i coud plug the coax into that would split the signal somehow so that it had a coax output and rca audio outputs to go into my home entertainment system. i would sure like to buy a device to slipt the signal rather than go buy another tv that has audio outputs

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 677
I am wondering if there is a device that can go between the cable box and the tv that will allow the coax to go into this device and then have rca outputs to go to the home enertainment system?

If you have an old VCR around, you can run the coax from the cable box into it and coax into the TV. Meanwhile, you can use the analog R/L audio outputs from the VCR into your audio system. VCR's power has to be on for this to work.

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 740
Yep that will do it.

Post Number: 3
thanks for getting back to me, i will try that tonight when i get home from work. i think the spare vcr in the guest room has those outputs. i sure hope so.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us