New 7.1 System

7.1_ht_noob
Unregistered guest
I'm excited because I finally got to the point where I can put together my 7.1 system. I bought a 50" Sony SXRD last week and am ready to move to my AV receiver and speaker options. I'm leaning heavily toward the Yamaha RX V-2600 but I am at a loss on what speakers to get. I wired for 7.1 last year and am ready to make that happen!! Any thoughts or help would be appreciated!! Thanks!!

Windork
Unregistered guest
Good choice, Yamaha is good stuff. As far as speakers go, to fully appreciate a good set of speakers you have to know what bad or mediocre ones sound like right? I suggest you don't buy an expensive set till you really know what you want. By the time you know (months/years later) you should have enough saved for a great set and you'll know you got what you paid for.

Just a suggestion, it's what I did and I'm quite happy with my setup. Call it an education.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4969
What is your budget for speakers?

7.1_ht_noob
Unregistered guest
Roughly $1250...do certain speakers sound better with the Yammie.

Bronze Member
Username: Dobyblue

St. Catharines, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 25
Paradigm.
Best value for money.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4977
There are those who prefer certain speakers with a given receiver. It is totally up to the end user as to what they prefer.

Paradigm seems to be a favorite with Yamaha owners. There is also Ascend Acoustics. You should also consider them as well.

http://www.ascendacoustics.com/

Username: Rlr267

Post Number: 3
How does Klipsch Reference series stack up agains the Pardigim speakers for Yamaha recievers? I am new to this and have a Yamaha RX-v750 but have not decided what speakers to go with yet. I am putting this in the family room (20 X 21 with 10 foot ceilings and hardwood on the walls). I am considering the RF35 floorstanding speakers with RC-35 center channel and some CDT-2800-C (8" round ceiling mount with aimable tweeter and woofer) for both the rear and surround (7th channel) and rounding out with the RW-10 sub.

Any opinions? This system will serve double duty, 75% music, 25% surround sound/theater.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6115
The RF-35 are more forward than the Paradigms at least to my ears, but a lot of people like them. I like the RF-35, I think it is very detailed, but a little too "in your face".

Unregistered guest
How do you mean? Too much high or too much bass? I'm interested in these speakers as well.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6167
A tad on the high side.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us