Hiding Speaker Wire

ChefSchipull
Unregistered guest
This may be a stupid question, but I'm a newbie....I will be setting up a home theater system soon, but I need to know if its possible to setup speakers up in the corner of my vaulted ceiling. If not, do they make a wireless home theater system out there? THanks

ChefSchipull

Username: Tbo44

Post Number: 3
To my knowledge, only samsung and panasonic make wireless home theater systems. But they fool you. They say wireless, but that only means the rear speakers don't have to connect to the receiver by the tv. the back speakers must be plugged into a rear "wireless" receiver and what do you know, you now have wires running in the back of the room. it's totally misleading, but it does save you from running "extra wires."

Bronze Member
Username: Praetorian

Post Number: 57
TB is right on the money there... The "best" way to hide your wire is behind your wall or under the carpet.

As well, yes it is possible... advisable? I suppose that depends solely on the rooms acoustics and the avail of a ladder, a stud finder,...

Username: Homepro

Post Number: 2
Check Pioneer Digital Wireless Rear Speaker System (HTD645DV or HTD-540DV)or go to this url
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com and read about it .

JAbhau
Unregistered guest
I have a 40in LCD screen above our fireplace. I had to pull teeth to get my wife to go along with that. Now, I want the home theater and speakers to go with it.
This is our "formal" living area and I am trying to find a way to COMPLETELY hide the speakers without giving up a lot of sound quality. I am not concerned about the rear speakers, just the front and center ones.
Any ideas???

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 706
As a rule of thumb you have to remember that wireless=powerless. You can't have a speaker that magically gets powered through the air. At least nothing to speak of.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us