NAD T763 S-video distortion

Username: Mote

Newcastle

Post Number: 2
Hi all

I have tried searching for this but can't get any more info other than people are having a problem with s-video distortion on the NAD T763.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/13472.html

I am not sure if my problem is the same as the one raised in this message but here is my problem.

The T763 is recently purchased and I watch all DVD's using the component out, this is just perfect. However when I use the setup menu through S-video there is a "ghost" type distortion to the right of the menu lines. The distortion runs almost the full width of the screen.

I am going to try a new s-video cable to see if this helps it, but I thought I would try to find out exactly what the S-video distortion problem others where having with the T763.

Thank you for your help

Glyn

Username: Red_rum

Post Number: 2
Not sure exactly what your question/problem is, but I had a T773 before returning it, and as far as video is is basically composite in, composite out, component in ...etc, same with s-video.

so, if you are S-Video from the DVD to the NAD and S-Video to your monitor, then I have no clue. I do have the NAD tech support number though :-)

however, if you are mixing, or if you have multiple video formats hooked up, could be your problem. Try just s to RX then S to display

Newcastle

Post Number: 3
OK

I do have Component coming in and going back out to the TV, but the problem is occuring with the S-video monitor out. All the menu options are ghosting/streaking to the right. All the way to the edge of the screen. The menu is in Black and white, is this correct?

Perhaps I will unplug the DVD from the unit so there are no video signals coming in at all.

Thank you for your help

Glyn

Newcastle

Post Number: 4
Well, I plugged the DVD player in using the s-video. When I watch a dvd using the s-video out the picture is just fine. If the OSD background is set to off then the menu looks good. However, when I turn the background on, or change to tuner (so no image sent other than the OSD image) the menu words streak to the right.

It is all rather odd. Is it normal?

Cheers

Glyn

Username: Red_rum

Post Number: 3
Hi Glyn;

I think that you are getting somewhere. I do know that the OSD will not display (properly or not) through the component outputs. So, I assume that you are not component to your display, or are you?

Maybe you are running both S and component to your display. In that case, the NAD takes the highest quality input (component, S, composite in that order)and uses that. There is no conversion, so maybe that is why things look funky. Can't tell you why the OSD on/off should yield different results.

Newcastle

Post Number: 5
Thanks John

I have component going to the TV as well, but the input using the S-Video only has S-Video going into it. What is weird is that if the menu is displayed while the DVD is playing then it looks great (no background), as soon as the Background is displayed, it all goes weird!

By the way, no menu appears through the component inputs.

Also if using Composite, the menu looks just fine.

Glyn
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us