Sub-woofer problems

Username: Legend

Post Number: 1
hi...guys.....love my home threater...I have a Pioneer VSX-409...but here lately i keep hearing sound from the sub like when a person talks in a movie sounds like someone tapping a micphone..like a bump bump sound ....all help would be great thanks in advance
Keith

Unregistered guest
My subs move to the beat of the music and power is going to the amp but the subs only move a little bit (not enough to boom)

Bronze Member
Username: Diverhank

Huntington Beach, CA

Post Number: 66
Keith that sure doesn't sound normal. It's possible that you have the sub xover frequency set too high and thus letting voice freq into subwoofer to be amplified...but unlikely.

It's more likely something going bad in your subwoofer like a leaking capacitor-- This would create thumping sounds at random, though, not coinciding with speech or other LFE sounds-- Or depending on the sound, it is even possible that the cabinet is becoming loose.

A while back, after listening to Jurassic Park at high volume (wife and kids gone shopping...the whole house was seriously shaking :-)), my sub was making grinding noises and it turned out that the glue that held the sub together had come undone due to vibration.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us