Theater Seats...

Username: Cre8tivity06

Wilmington, DE USA

Post Number: 9
The local Raymour & Flanigan furniture store is having a sale on some Berkline leather reclinable Home Theater seats with cup holders for $499.99 each. Is this a good deal? I saw some online for about $100 cheaper but I am sure it would even out to the cost of getting them locally after you add the shipping and handling. The cheapest I saw online was a row of 2 seats (not sure of manufacturer) for $899.99. I am only looking to get 2 for now and I am going to have some other furniture to lounge on also in the room.

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 2378
I prefer a large cozy lazyboy recliner to theater seats. Buy whatever is most comfortable and within your budget.

Username: Cre8tivity06

Wilmington, DE USA

Post Number: 10
Well I actually went to the store yesterday and sat in there and reclined and they do feel very comfortable. Better than the seats at an actual theater

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 2386
My point was only that I think you can get 'more chair' per dollar and get something more comfy by buying a regular recliner. The example I'll use is that if you shopped around and found the best $800 recliner, and then did the same and found the best $800 theater seat, the recliner will be more chair, and be more comfy. Why is that??? It's because it's such of a specialty niche that the stores who sell such those niche items will be charging a lot more....for everything, and not just chairs.

If it's the look you're after, then by all means buy the theater seats. I think a lot of people who buy the theater seats are interested most in obtaining a certain look, and there is certainly nothing wrong with that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us