Need help with Yamaha and JBL speaker setup

Username: Zeblien

Post Number: 1
Ok, im finaly tossing in the towel and asking around about my theater setup.
Here is my setup:
Yamaha htr-5560 reciever.
JBL 8'' floor speakers w/5'in center.
Boss 701 floor speakers (rear) 70's
Verious DVD players w/optical.

Problem:
I have a real problem getting the sound to be stable at lower volumes. The loud is too loud and the quite ranges are too(ooooo) quiet, i.e. voices. I have tried to boost the volume on the center, but it just increses the overall volume, and doesnt help much for voice ranges. Secondly, i dont get the great (descrete?) sounds that i hear and heard at the store. But im just very frusterated about fixing the voices so i can watch movies past midnight and hear what they are saying without loud pounding noises.

Any ideas? thanks A LOT.

Username: Zeblien

Post Number: 2
Ok let me revise what i said earlier. The sound quality to the best of my descriptive ability... sounds grainy.. of which i dont remember when i purchanced the system. I switched them out with audioline pro speakers and no help. Its either enjoy the surround sound, or hear the voices.

So, what is the best system to buy that would give me best clearity at low levels (im in an appartment, and watch movies at 2am).

Thanks again

Bronze Member
Username: Frostyda9

Calgary, AB Canada

Post Number: 58
AFAIK, the Yammie should have a setting for dynamic range. Set it to minimum and it will reduce the effect greatly.

Bronze Member
Username: Diverhank

Huntington Beach, CA

Post Number: 18
Frosty is right on. Goto page 44 of your manual. through setmenu, change the dynamic range to MIN.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us