Lost sound in my speakers

Username: Georgis1099

Post Number: 1
Yesterday, I had a great idea. I tried to hook up my playstation to my surround sound, because Godzilla would sound so cool. HA! So, I went to Radio shack and bought an optical cord thingy at $24.00. Came home.. plugged it in and now I have a huge mess. I ended up unplugging everything.. don't ask me what I did, but I have everything working EXCEPT, now the tuner and dvd will not work through my speakers.. only through my tv. I have a koss ks3102.. I unplugged everything to test just the tuner and it's not even coming through the speakers.. I have a feeling that either the system is blown out or something OR there is one little button that I need to push and it will all be perfect. HA!!
PLease Help ME!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Shamuchef

Post Number: 68
get profesional help

Ang
Unregistered guest
I too have been experiencing the same problem with my system. Actually, the sound spikes. First you hear a clicking sound coming from the speakers, then , if you wait long enough (3 min or more) the sound comes back REALLY LOUD. It appears as if there is a short somewhere in he volume component of the system as he problem exists if you the remote or the volume knob. I've also tried banging my hand on top of the system. (I figured, I can't hear it; how much worse can I break it.) THIS WORKS. The sound comes back. I experience this problem all the time. I believe its a design flaw in this particular system.

Ang
Unregistered guest
I too have been experiencing the same problem with my system. Actually, the sound spikes. First you hear a clicking sound coming from the speakers, then , if you wait long enough (3 min or more), the sound comes back REALLY LOUD. It appears as if there is a short somewhere in the volume component; the problem exists if you use the remote or the volume knob. I've also tried banging my hand on top of the system. (I figured, I can't hear it now; how much worse can I break it.) THIS WORKS. The sound comes back. I experience this problem all the time. I believe it's a design flaw in this particular system.

Unregistered guest
i plug my speakers in the back of my computer and there is sound but is very faint and ive turned up the volume using the tab in the taskbar at the bottom of my screen it will not go any louder ive tried ererything can anyone help please?!!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4168
Because you need amplified/powered speakers if you are pluggin into the back of your computer. You cannot hook up just plain speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us