Home theatre with in $700.-Best Value for Money

Unregistered guest
Hi All

I am looking for the BEST Sound Quality - Home Theatre system with in $700.
The Speaker size does not bother me much,to some extent yes.
Please suggest about the best Receiver + speakers combination within this budget.
Apprecaite your help.

Thanks
Pankaj

Bronze Member
Username: Monolgoue

Post Number: 20
That's a tight budget, you might want to start with a good Receiver and front speakers and add a center channel and rears as your budget allows. You can get very performance with a receiver and 2 good speakers for $500-$700, which may or may not leave $$ for center and rear speakers. If you want a full 5.1 system, with receiver, for $700 your choices are really going to be a Home Theater In A Box or, better yet, quality used equipment. Beware the Home Theater In A Box stuff, there are a lot of unhappy users out there and it often turns into wasted money unless your expectations are reasonable. Quite often the better choice is to assemble a system in pieces, since you will be happier with the end result for a longer period of time.

Kevin B.
Unregistered guest
I'm new at this home theater stuff, but here's what I did. I bought refurbished Kenwood VR-6070 receiver and Kenwood KS-706HT 5pc. speaker set(no sub) from www.ecost.com I already had a subwoofer so that didn't matter. Total cost was $355.00 shipped. I've only had the system about 2 weeks, but the system is far superior to what I had. In comparison, my old system was a Pioneer VSX-3000 receiver and Yamaha 3-way bookshelf speakers, and Aiwa TS-W5U sub.

I think for ME this was a much better option, as I was set to spend $300.00+tax for the Kenwood HTB-206 from Best Buy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us