Speakers for my Denon AVR3300

Username: Dyoungers

Post Number: 1
I'm just finishing my basement and was looking at putting in better speakers now that the dust is settling ... the room is long and narrow (12x34) with the seating about 18' from the screen ... I already have the Denon AVR3300 which I bought a couple of years ago thinking I'd be further along ;)

I've always liked Klipsch (I have KG4s in my office) so I listened to RF35 system at the local dealer but I'm concerned about using them in a home theater set up.

any thoughts on this or on other options that I should check out?

thanks to all!

Username: Palmharbor

Palm Harbor, Florida Usa

Post Number: 2
I suggest the Rocket System...danish drivers
see at http://www.av123.com/products_category_pack.php?section=speakers&brand=3

Michael Walley
Unregistered guest
I've got the same receiver and feed the power to a pair of Polk Audio RTi150's with voice matched center and surrounds. I also just added an HSU Research VTF3 MK2 subwoofer.

The system fills my 15' x 22' living space with clean full sound. The RTi150's produce considerable low end with smooth sound provided by the AVR3300. In fact, the subwoofer is really only needed to extend the lows into the absolutely lowest region. I also thought that it would reduce the strain on the Denon unit. However, I've found that I like the sound best with the AVR3300 setup to produce bass through both the RTi150's and the VTF3 MK2.

I picked the RTi150's up for a song at CircuitCity last fall and have been very impressed with their capabilities. I expect that if you can find them or a representative replacement model at a good price, you won't be disappointed.

Unregistered guest
I have the Denon AVR3300 but can't get the system set-up on my remote control to work so that I can properly set up my HSU STF-2 subwoofer. I would like any ideas on why I can't get the sub to recognize the LFE output that was working on my old sub (Bose).

Username: Dyoungers

Post Number: 2
I'm not sure what you mean by noting getting set-up to work, but if you can't see the menus I'd check what you have selected as an input ... if I remember right, set-up doesn't display the menu if you have selected a device that is supplying a component video signal
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us