Best DVD to show off to friends?

Anonymous

Just wanted to know what movies. or a part of a DVD that people use to show off to their friends. I'm looking for something thats impactfull and uses the all the speakers with great distinction.
Thanks

johndeereman
Unregistered guest
Master and Commaner Dts Mix
I Robot DTS Mix
Underworld Extended Edition Dolby Mix
Any Star Wars Movie Dobly Mix
Any Marevl Comic Book Movie Best of all Daredevil Dts mix
And of course Saving Private Ryan Any Mix

Username: Bert_coppens

Post Number: 6
and what about the LOTR EE DTS mix. Is it better then the EX Dolby mix?

I heared DTS is mostly better then Dolby because it's less compressed as Dolby. But it also depends a lot on who mixed the sound decoding. That's why Dolby somethimes sounds better then DTS. But normally DTS should sound better if it's mixed by right people.

Anonymous

DTS is always better, and this is why i say this.
I've heard some good Dolby tracks and some bad ones. But in DTS, their always good. I've never heard a bad one. and i've watched a lot. DTS always sounds more impactfull. In my humble opinion anyway

Anonymous

Dude,

I saw "Big Fish", and there's a scene where Ewan McGregor is looking into the cave where the giant is lurking, and when the Giant responde my wife and I totally shreiked.

Also, lots of the scenes near the end of "Shaun of the Dead."

And when Norman Osborn talks in the mirror with the Green Goblin in Spider-Man."

But I defer to DALE M WILEY and ANDY SUMMERS for better choices...

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Post Number: 845
Master and Commander
Superman the movie
Apollo 13
Contact
The Lord of the Rings parts 1 / 2 and 3
I, Robot
Thunderbirds
Titanic
Fight Club 0db LFE
Star Wars all five films well so far with Star Wars episode 3 Revenge of the sith, being realised on October 31st 2005

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 2000

The Incredibles is about as good as any. Most speakers couldnt even scratch the surface of the audio recorded on that DVD.

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Post Number: 849
"The Incredibles" is that so, winner of this years Oscar for best sound effects editing

Upload
Randy Thom pictured to the right WOW that's Busting soundtrack? Upload

I'll have to look around for this one, to add to the other "Randy Thom" mixes....

Anonymous

The first 15 minutes of Lord Of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring EE is one of the most powerful movie sequences I have ever heard at home, and never ceases to blow the socks off of anyone at my house. I also love the fight sequences in Gladiator, and The incredibles is indeed incredible on the ears. Terminator 2 EX also has very impressive audio video sounds and effects to tantalize friends.

Bronze Member
Username: Frostyda9

Calgary, AB Canada

Post Number: 56
Apocalypse Now (redux)

Username: D_singh

Post Number: 2
Most definitely Gladiator with DTS. Pretty much any movie with DTS will do the trick.

Username: Deejay16

Post Number: 1
I just got an Onkyo 6.1 system and use the F-18 SAM attack scene in Behind Enemy Lines on DTS, or the enterance shoot out scene in the Matrix. Both of those scenes really work the surrounds. Just my $0.02.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us