DVD player won't work in Y Pb Pr input

Username: Bigluke00

Houston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 3
I have an SVA 42" HD plasma TV and am trying to hook up my new DVD player to it. I have HD cable going into the "Y Cb Cr" inputs, and it works fine -- great picture on the HD channels. But I am trying to connect my DVD player to the other high quality input -- the "Y Pb Pr" input.

When I try to use the DVD player on that input, it will not work, and the TV screen brings up some error message referencing "720x480 . . .Out of Range." Does anyone know what this means? I have set the DVD player to both progressive and interlaced output, but get the same error message. Furthermore, the DVD player will work on the regular video cable (yellow input). Any help on what the error message means or how to get around it?

Username: Bigluke00

Houston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 7
Well, the problem is solved. This is one of those "unable to explain" things. I didn't change a thing. I still had both the RCA input and the Y PbPr input connected from the DVD to the TV. All I did was power everything off, unplug the power sources and replug them in. Then turned on the TV first, the DVD second. Then I set the TV to the AV1 output for the DVD player, got into the DVD menu to turn it to progressive, then switch TV input to the progressive, and viola - for some reason it worked this time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us