Thread: Center Channel Mounting Suggestions on a LCD Projection TV?

Username: Cataclysm

TX US

Post Number: 2
I'm new to this forum by the way. My decision to post this question here is based upon the great answers everyone has given thus far. You guys seem to have a great A/V community formed here and I'm glad I came across it. On to my dilemma...

I've got a PSB Image C60 center channel speaker that I need to mount on top of a Sony KDF-50WE655 (50 inch LCD rear-projection TV). The C60 is 25lbs and its dimensions are 27 3/8 x 8 1/2 x 11 15/16". Omni has a solution I looked at that mounts on the top lip of the TV and has 2 feet that extend resting on the rear of the unit, but the weight of the speaker appears too great for that setup according to my TV salesman.

I can't mount my center on the wall (windows behind my setup) and it's too low if I place it in the TV stand for the Sony or mount it below the TV on a standalone speaker stand. Anyone have suggestions for dealing with this beastly center? Thanks in advance!

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1480
What would I do???
Providing your C-speaker is shielded, and it fits on top of the TV. I'd ignore the salesman and place it on top and take my chances. Otherwise, you should place it on the top shelf below the screen on your TV stand.

Good luck

PS....
I accept no responsibility for my answers.

Silver Member
Username: Philman

Richmond, IN USA

Post Number: 112
How about suspending it from the ceiling. Either screw in some eyelets to the top of speaker cabinet or suspend a small shelf to rest the speaker on. Recommend using #16 single jack chain. To minimize the appearance you can either sew a slip-over cloth boot from some black/brown material or purchase vinyl tubing of various colors.

Aiming the speaker is easy to do with jack chain since each link is easily removed or added.

my 2¢

Username: Cataclysm

TX US

Post Number: 3
The center channel is shielded along with all of my other PSB speakers so having them close to the TV isn't a problem. I'm still concerned mounting it on top of the TV using Omni's solution will result in the adhesive feet slipping sending my pricy center channel through the window.

I do like the idea of suspending it from the ceiling though. Interesting idea! I've decided to hold off on the purchase of the Sony LCD projection however and get a HDTV monitor instead (Panasonic CT-34WX15 or Toshiba 34HFX84). My center channel should sit atop either unit unaided. Once I move into my home, I'll snag the LCD projection and move the HDTV monitor into the bedroom. I'll be able to mount the center on the wall then. Thank you both for your responses.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us