Big Speakers, Small Room...Placement ??s

Username: Jeremyk

Post Number: 1
I just moved into a small condo and I won't be able to place my TV in front of my couch. The TV stand will be at a right angle from the couch, so I will have to angle the TV when i want to watch it. I have a pair of Vandersteen speakers, which are too big to place on the sides of my TV. Can I use these as my rear speakers and get smaller speakers for my fronts?
Thanks for your suggestions!

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 868
Jeremy, it's your euipment. You can use it in any way you see fit. However, since much of the dialog and primary information is channeled through your front and center speakers, you could lose a lot of impact, depending, of course, on the front small speakers you acquire. In my opinion, your best speakers should be your fronts and/or center in an HT setup. If one has to compromise, I would normally recommend doing so on the surrounds.

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1481
I agree with dale,
You need to be creative and find a way to put the 'big dogs' up front with your TV. Those are the most important speakers in your system, and you dont want to shortchange yourself. Most of the dramatic effects go through the front, and you dont want those channeled through anything but the best speakers you have.

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 504
I disagree with Dale........................just cause I have not disagreed with Dale for a while! lol

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 876
Joe, you're one wild and crazy guy. Hey, when you're right, you're right!!!

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 511
lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us